Sunday, January 19, 2014

Catalyst: an event that quickly causes change or action

Our Catalyst journey has definitely caused change!  Change in myself as an educator, change in my students and change in my fellow colleagues.  Talk about a total success!

As a final project, my students created stories using Educreations.  We first brainstormed ideas of potential stories.  Students were asked to draw three different ideas for a story.  After some discussion, one idea was selected to elaborate upon.  From there, students completed a First, Next, Then, Last graphic organizer.  Students completed these activities during station rotations.  After some paper/pencil editing it was time to get our stories into Educreations.  Students illustrated and narrated their pages with the help of Mrs. Eminger.  It was helpful to use the quiet observation room that neighbors the Catalyst classroom for recording!


24 Educreations later and it would be time to present!  We invited six VIPs from our district to join us.  My students were so excited to be stars of the show.  Thank you to those involved...Mr. Miller, Mrs. Miley, Mr. Shorr, Mrs. Kinsey, Mrs. Harris and Mrs. Pasquale.


What a sight to see!  Students were fully engaged with our visitors and even shared other iPad tips and tricks they learned during our time at Catalyst.  Definitely a proud teacher day!

Check out a few of our Educreations!  





Our last day at Catalyst involved many choice stations including QR stories, write the room activities, I have, Who has? games and of course, favorite app time!

During our 27 days of blended learning I watched my students strengthen their independent working and problem solving skills.  Students asked each other for help before asking me.  They looked for ways to challenge themselves during stations in their own creative ways.  What more could I ask for?!

This was definitely a second quarter to remember...take a look for yourself!








No comments:

Post a Comment